AUG 31-SEPT 4
BEST THRILLER, BEST DIRECTOR
WINNER: BEST THRILLER
NOMINATED: PEOPLE'S CHOICE
NOMINATED: BEST PICTURE
Saturday, Sept 17th, 2016 12:00pm
103 S Harris St, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Sunday, Sept 18th, 2016 3:00pm
Best of Fest Screening, Winner, Best Drama
103 S Harris St, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Saturday, Dec 10th, 2016 7:00pm
CAST & CREW SCREENING
Auditorio del Museo Nacional de Antropología Dr. David J. Guzmán (MUNA)
San Salvador, El Salvador
Saturday, Feb 18th, 2017 7:00pm
LA PREMIERE @ HOLLYWOOD REEL INDIE FILM FESTIVAL
Writer/Director/Cast Q&A after
PG-13, Thriller, 95 Minutes
Starring Lauren Shaw and David Castro
An American mother (Lauren Shaw) searches for her daughter who was taken by human traffickers in war-torn El Salvador, one of the most dangerous countries in the world. With the help of an “unconventional” local (David Castro), she unearths a well-established human trafficking ring that links back to the U.S. The trail takes her through Central America and Mexico via “The Train of Death”. Inspired by true events.
RATING & CONTENT DETAILS
SEXUAL CONTENT 6/10
* Woman’s cleavage shown when she bends over. A woman presumably leaves her husband and children to be with another man
* A woman seen in tight jeans and tight tank top with occasional shoulders, midriff and cleavage on occasion throughout film. A young woman wears a low cut shirt and shorts in a few scenes.
* A man asks a young woman if her mother is “seeing anyone”. Another young woman makes fun of him “I love (her)”
* A young woman is seen in loose boxer shorts and a tee shirt in a few scenes. Another young woman is seen in tight boxer shorts and a tank top in a few scenes
* A man and woman hug upon meeting
* Two women are seen dancing in a strip club (No nudity, but small bikinis and costumes. One of the women’s buttocks is briefly seen closely (wearing small bikini). Customers watch the dancers. Another woman’s cleavage is shown. Another woman wearing underwear and a bra is seen from behind as she gives a man a lap dance. Her face and shoulder are seen briefly from a front angle. A man asks a woman for sex instead of money.
* A man makes a reference to other men about “having” a woman.
* A woman’s shape and crotch area are seen while wearing tight jeans as she lies down.
* Someone tells some young women that they must help [men] “blow off some steam”. They are told to take off their clothes (but don’t). A woman is seen lying on a bed in a tight, short dress. A few young women show cleavage, workers “dress” a woman who is drugged and incapacitated—just her shoes, lips and fingers are shown, but it is inferred. A young woman is seen in a 1-piece lingerie outfit, showing cleavage, legs and shoulders. Two young women wear mini skirts and bras. Another young woman wears a short dress, showing cleavage- with part of her bra showing. Several people watch these young women as they stand in their outfits. A man pays money and takes one of the young women out of the room. Another man asks “how much” for one of the young women. He inspects her closely, touching her face and neck before kissing her on the cheek. The women are described as “feisty”, “Strong”, “Fresh”, “Virgins”, “Precious little girls”. A young woman is dragged across the floor, her cleavage showing.
* A man talks about rape and murder, and the “morning after pill”.
* A man bargains with a woman for sex in exchange for money. It is inferred that the woman will be held captive. A man unbuckles his own pants, then a woman’s pants. Part of her underwear is shown briefly. We assume she is being raped as we see the man’s face and shoulders thrusting toward her. Her face is seen moving in conjunction with his thrusting. Two men are seen adjusting their clothing after, inferring they are getting dressed after the rape.
* A man and woman hug goodbye.
* Two older girls are seen in a photograph wearing bras. One has sheer shorts showing her underwear.
VIOLENCE / GORE 7/10
* War Scene – Man Fires RPG at helicopter, machine gun fire from ground troops and helicopters, Missile launch from helicopter, large explosion, civilians running for cover, Man goes missing (presumably killed in war), helicopter hit from gunfire.
* Man on TV discusses the war (civilians killed, soldiers, etc.), soldiers on TV seen firing weapons, dead bodies shown on tv (war casualties). Blood is shown on the bodies.
* Men kick open door and fire machine guns at man, killing him. Blood is seen, multiple bullets hitting the man’s chest. Woman is taken by the men, kicking and screaming as they drag her out the door. Part of a man’s bloody head is seen; people make acknowledge a man is dead by making crucifix gesture.
* Several men show up with firearms, threatening others. They forcibly take people captive through violent struggle. A woman is shoved into the side of a car. A gang gesture is seen. A woman chases after men in a truck.
* Missing children photos are on a wall in a police station. Woman discusses with another woman the nature of a gang of human traffickers
* A woman slaps away a man’s hand. A man plays “Russian Roulette” with a loaded pistol in his mouth. A passenger shoves a driver, causing a near collision. A man holds a woman’s hand without her knowledge, while she is sleeping.
* A man is shot in the head at close range, seen from a distance (No blood is seen). People pick up and move his body. A man points a rifle at a woman. A man fires a weapon into the air. Another man fires a weapon at someone’s car window.
* A woman knocks a man over using a car door. She swings at him with a blunt object. The man holds her down on the ground in a struggle. Her shoulder and cleavage are seen. She stands and her shoulder is seen briefly before she covers up. A stockpile of firearms, explosives and drugs are seen a few times. A man cocks a pistol.
* A man is seen with blood on his face, holding a bloody machete. In the foreground is a pile of blurry, dead bodies (Hard to identify what they are).
* A man points a rifle at several young women. A young woman struggles with a man who has a blunt object (presumably a weapon). Be hits her with the object (not seen, but heard), other witnesses scream, one vomits out of trauma. It is presumed the woman is dead. A man is seen with blood on his face and shirt. A man stuffs a gun in a woman’s mouth. Someone is shot in the foot—showing blood splatter and a hole in their shoe. We see a drug syringe. Someone is shot in the head (mostly obstructed view).
* Someone accidentally cuts their hand on a sharp object—blood is seen (2 times). A man points a rifle at another man who isn’t wearing a shirt. A man puts another man in a headlock—they struggle. A man is thrown off a moving train and ran over by the train—it’s dark, but some blood is seen for a brief moment.
* Someone hits another person several times with a blunt object – the first hit is seen briefly in the dark, then the rest are off screen. A man hits a woman in the face; blood is seen on her nose a few times.
* A young woman is forced at gunpoint to go away (after a struggle). 3 men struggle, two are stabbed, one is stabbed and choked, and one is thrown off a moving train. One man swings with a machete. A man is shot several times and killed. Blood is shown on his shirt and the wall behind him.
PROFANITY / DEROGATORY LANGUAGE 2/10
“Jesus” as an expression (2 times)
“God” used a few times as an expression
“Prostitute” (used as a verb 1 time)
“s*x” (1 time)
“*ss” (1 time)
“To h*ll with you” (1 time)
“What the h*ll?” (2 times)
A few Spanish speakers swear or used derogatory language in Spanish in a few scenes, which aren’t translated or subtitled. A few Spanish words are translated and used once, including: “Miserable Dog”, “D*mn you”, “Snitch”, “Whore”, “Idiot”, “F*ggots”, “Butcher” (Verb).
Latin woman makes derogatory Caucasian statement
A Caucasian woman makes derogatory reference to Latin culture
A man makes sexist comment about women’s driving,
People drink wine at dinner, Man seen smoking marijuana twice, man seen drinking liquor once. Man drinks from a flask throughout the movie – he is presumably drunk at times as he slurs. A drug needle is seen close-up going into an arm—the recipient gasps, a few young women are seen under the influence. One young woman blacks-out from being under the influence. Empty liquor bottles are in a few scenes.
Gangs, Civil War, Kidnapping, Human Trafficking, Alcoholism, Extortion, El Salvador, Mexico, Guatemala, rape, drugs, beheading, police corruption, orphans, redemption, brothels, ransom, selflessness
RATING & CONTENT DESCRIPTION
©HUMAN, llc 2017